Thermo Scientific™ Watson LIMS is a proven, purpose-built laboratory information management system specifically designed for bioanalytical testing.
Watson is a highly specialized protocol-driven LIMS specifically designed to support DMPK/Bioanalytical studies in drug development. The system was developed with input from major pharmaceutical companies, and its success is a direct result of its ease of use and the high level of service offered to assist in implementation. Watson is installed in 18 of the top 20 global pharmaceutical organizations, and is widely used in leading biotechnology and contract research organizations worldwide.
Bioanalysis is an integral part of clinical and pre-clinical drug development. Efficient assay validation, bioanalysis of samples, instrument interfacing, sample tracking, and reporting of results are key steps in progressing a compound through R&D activities and into regulatory submission. Watson includes key functionality specific to the bioanalytical laboratory, including flexible protocol-based study design, assay/method standardization and management, integrated sample tracking and a configurable reassay decision tree. Watson includes more than 70 built-in interfaces to LC/MS, HPLC, ELISA, RIA, ICP/MS, multiplex and other instruments. It also supports a wide range of pharmacokinetic/toxicokinetic calculations. The acknowledged standard for bioanalytical LIMS, Watson facilitates efficient study design and data transfer between researchers, enabling them to benefit from improved operational efficiency.
• Easy to enter study designs
• Offers a simple, point-and-click graphical interface that is quick to learn and easy to use
• Capable of handling standard and complex study protocols
• System security is designed to provide maximum flexibility and configurability while preserving data integrity
• Fully supports unit management—allowing true data consolidation across studies and projects
• Full bi-directional interface capability to analytical instruments
• Uses a central Oracle database
• Tracks shipments and samples through user-designed barcode labels
• Supports a wide range of PK/TK analyses
• Organizes study results in a unique document management system
• Accelerated laboratory turnaround
• Reduced costs associated with sample management
• Improved operational efficiency
• Regulatory compliance with GLP and 21 CFR Part 11
• Flexible study design
• Automated sample management
• Assay/method standardization and management
• Seamless data exchange, import and instrument interfacing
• Comprehensive data analysis
• Powerful reporting
• Robust security and regulatory compliance